Grounds Help Needed
Are you looking for stability with opportunity for advancement? Do you want to be appreciated for what you do?
Do you enjoy working outside?
- Starting pay based on groundskeeper experience
- Long term employment with advancement opportunity
- Experience preferably, will train the right candidate
- IRA retirement plan
- Health insurance reimbursement
- 2 weeks paid vacation
- 7 paid days off of your choosing
- 5 paid sick days
Greenwood Memorial Gardens has been Greenwood's choice since 1946. We actively reach out to families offering the benefits of prearrangement. We offer a free burial space, honoring veterans and first responders. For us, there is no greater responsibility than serving each family as if it were our own.
We believe you will find special meaning in providing a much needed service. We understand loyalty is a two way street. We are looking for a few like minded people to join our maintenance department.
- Maintain lawn
- Perform opening & closings for burials
- Assemble and install memorials
- Install vaults (outer burial containers)
- Handle and complete daily work orders
- Complete requests for service/work orders
- Conduct Interment Verification Procedures.
- Preparation for burials and ensures the garden is clean and neat.
- Fill grave, tamp, seed or sod.
- Follow all safety rules and precautions.Perform preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and facilities.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area.
- Complete all required training as assigned.
- Adhere to Greenwood Memorial Gardens standards.
- Performs all duties in a timely manner as assigned by management.
- Reasonable mechanical aptitude.
- Minimum of 1 year lawn maintenance preferred.
- Valid driver's license required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to operate hand-held tools and equipment, including, but not limited to a shovel, pick, rake, sledge hammer, lawn mower, weed trimmer, leaf blower, chain saw and pump.
- Ability to operate mechanical equipment including, but not limited to, a dump truck, tractor, vault dolly, utility vehicle, marker trailer, dump trailer, jack hammer, tamp and backhoe.
- Ability to accurately use a tape measure.
- Effectively communicate with fellow associates, contractor personnel and client families.
- Ability to properly lift heavy objects.
- Ability to work in various adverse weather conditions.
- Understand safety and security issues and implications.
- Greenwood Memorial Gardens, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are dedicated community servants who provide compassionate assistance, with integrity, honesty and respect to all our families in need. We are always looking for like minded individuals to join our team or better yet our family.
Please give us a call at (864) 223-9229 between Monday - Friday 9am-5pm to schedule an interview.
We Believe Greatnesses Is Found In Service.